I’m working with a client who has a fairly big Facebook following, so I wanted to learn how to put a "Like Our Page on Facebook" button on a website. It turns out there's a Button Configurator in Facebook that does most of the magic. You then put the code the Configurator generates into your website as code. Here are the steps I used for my KerryAThompson website on Squarespace. Instructions for sites on Weebly are included where they differ.
1. Go to this page on the Facebook developers site:
2. Set up the options you want. These were mine.
3. Click Get Code and you get custom code. This is what it generated for me.
4. Go to your site design editor.
5. Go to your Home page (or wherever you want the Facebook icons to appear).
Squarespace: Add a code block. Copy the button code (Step 3 in the Button Configurator). Paste it into the code window as HTML. Add <center> and </center> tags around the code if you want the icons to be centered on your page. Apply and Save.
Weebly: Add an Embed Code element. Copy the button code (Step 3 in the Button Configurator). Paste it into the code window as HTML. Add <center> and </center> tags around the code if you want the icons to be centered on your page. Publish.
6. This is what it looks like on my website's Home page.
You can also put your code into the footer. Here's an example.
If your Business Facebook page is an important part of your marketing strategy, you now have a new way to help your audience find you on Facebook. I like that, Facebook!